Sunday, January 3, 2010

Paintings to end the decade, and website update in the pipeline.

The painting from my previous post is now all finished. I haven't taken proper photos yet, but I will this week and then I'll post it to my website. I finished it on December 31, and there's kind of a nice symmetry to having no partially finished paintings in the studio at the cross over from 2009 to 2010. Everything that was started is finished, and I have a clean slate starting point for all the new ones I'm going to do in 2010.

The other thing about this painting is that I think it might be one of the best paintings I've ever done. It's a good feeling to finish a painting and realize that I still haven't hit my limits, that I'm still making jumps in my skill level. Even if I'm getting older, I'm still getting better at this painting thing and that I still have things to learn and paintings to surprise myself with.

In other news, I've also been working on some minor improvements to the website, and those should be going up this week as well. I'll have more details on those soon.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment